CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Busy and tired

So it is only 1 week till Christmas! I am so not ready, I am not even in the Christmas spirit. I am working up till the 24Th and haven't had much time to get ready. My tree is up, my house is decorated, I have baked cookies and still no Christmas spirit. Maybe once the kids are done school I will feel more festive? We only had Jim's Christmas party this year and it really sucked! Friends of ours are having one, but not until Saturday. Last year we were excited because Jim's Dad came for Christmas, this year there is no extra people. The weather doesn't help, it is so cold that we are just staying in. Normally we go downtown and see the park or tour for Christmas lights, but the roads are awful and its just to damn cold! I am also tired and just plain burnt out. I am sick of the kids that I watch or should I say there parents!Most of them are students who are now done school, I don't think they should bring there kids if they are just at home especially from 7:30am-5:00pm! Anyway I will stop now I am kinda grumpy. Hopefully tomorrow I will be happy and full of Christmas cheer!

2 comments:

clinicnurse said...

I totally agree! I couldn't be less in the Christmas spirit this year. My family is in Saskatoon and it's the first year they aren't coming and I'm not going there so it's a big change. With Tammy pregnant and going on mat leave tomorrow, the baby and her being close to having it, are vastly overshadowing Christmas at the Risling household. All in all it just makes me want to crack open a bottle of wine, run a hot bath and come out in about February lol I'm grumpy today too!

sunshinemomentz said...

sorry to hear that Amber, that stinks! We've had our tree up sense the second week of November and as much as I do love the Christmas season, its just not going to be the same this year! Being around family sure makes a difference doesn't it? PLUS...that sucks about your "parents". I agree with you, if they're home just sitting around they should keep their kids home...it is Christmas Holidays after all!